Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lifetime's Movie- Human Trafficking

There was a great movie on Lifetime this past Sunday called Human Trafficking. I wish I knew it was going to be on so I could have let our class know, I sort of just stumbled upon it. It was a 4-hour mini-series about the human trafficking in the United States. It shows how young women are manipulated into believing they will be traveling to the United States for various reasons, such as modeling, to meet a potential husband, or for work purposes. Once here they are forced into a van and enslaved. It was an excellent movie, I recommend anyone in our class to look it up and see when it will be playing again. There are some real parallels to what we are learning about in class.

No comments:

War against Euphoria

  Hate Hope and Human Rights  At least that's what the addicts describe it as. In 2020 alone, an estimated 9.5 million Americans, just A...